"Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell praised retiring colleague Jim Bunning on Thursday for his 'two Hall of Fame-worthy' careers in baseball and politics. McConnell, in a farewell tribute to Bunning, called the 79-year-old Kentuckian a man of principle." [Courier-Journal]"U.S. Rep. Baron Hill...
• That FOR SALE sign probably is going to be up awhile. [Courier-Journal] • Vegan food truck entrepreneur seeks green. [The Edit]
• JCPS closes schools over one foot—no, strike that—inch of snow. [WAVE] • Vision Airlines (who?) is offering nonstops to Atlanta. [WDRB]
• Steve Beshear isn’t one to look a gift horse (or sheep, or ass) in the mouth. [Courier-Journal] • The water tastes cleaner already. [WFPL]
• Say goodnight, Senator. [The Edit] • Tolls vote coming next week. [Courier-Journal]
Local artists and music promoters are joining together to raise money for and awareness of the struggling ear X-tacy record store and its imprint on the Louisville music scene. The show, called “ear X travaganza,” will take place Sunday, December 26 at Headliners Music Hall, 1386 Lexington Road....
• KFC is bringing the Colonel to Africa, big time. [Courier-Journal] • New stadium…check. How about an NBA team to call it home? [Courier-Journal]
We are looking for talented local experts for a variety of new TV projects. You could be the next big TV star! Are you a great professional chef/caterer/baker or passionate food expert? Are you a popular local realtor? Are you a great interior designer or decorator? Do you know the best...
• The emperor has no clothes? How about Jim King running for Metro Council president? [WFPL] • Good news for AIDS sufferers: Kentucky has caught up on its treatment waiting list. [WLKY]
Inaugural gala to benefit American Red Cross at Louisville Downtown Marriott
• The Louisville Orchestra is out of notes…currency notes, that is. [WFPL] • Forget KFC—U of L is going to the Beef Bowl. [WLKY]
• Scientist unhappy about Beshear’s Ark. [The Edit] • Dollar toll proposed for bridges. [WDRB] •