The Bluegrass Saddle Club in Shepherdsville, Kentucky has announced its 2013 show schedule.
Bluegrass Saddle Club will hold Sunday shows on April 7 and 21st, October 6th and 20th. Sunday warm-ups start at noon with the show starting at 1:30 pm. Friday shows will be held on the 1st and 3rd Fridays in May through September, except in July where shows will be held on the 1st and 4th Fridays. Friday warm-ups begin at 6 pm with the show starting at 7:30 pm. Warm ups will be cut off in time for the show to start on time.
Check for Kentucky and Indiana International Barrel Racing Association (IBRA) sanctioned shows by going to the IBRA website here. For National Pole Bending Association (NPBA) sanctioned shows go to their website here. Kentucky Girls Barrel Racing Association (KGBRA) and Kentucky Men’s Barrel Racing Association (KMBRA) classes sanctioning are pending. 80% payback on all competitive classes except Pee Wee Barrels which is 100% payback.
Classes to be held are as follows:
Warm Ups (pay at the gate) Fee - $3.00 per run
1. 2D Youth Poles (1 second split) Entry Fee - $10.00
2. 3D NPBA Open Poles (1 second split) Entry Fee - $17.00
3. 2D Speed Race (½ second split) Entry Fee - $15.00
4. Pee Wee Barrels - Riders10 and under (100% payback) Entry Fee - $5.00
5. 2D Open Flags (½ second split) Entry Fee - $15.00
6. 3D Youth Barrels (4D at 76 or more entries) Entry Fee - $17.00
7. 2D Adult Barrels (1 Second split - 3D at 30 or more entries) Entry Fee - $15.00
8. 3D Open Barrels (4D at 76 or more entries) Entry Fee - $27.00
9. 3D Master Barrels (Age 40 and over) Entry Fee - $15.00
There is a $3.00 gate fee for non-members of BGSC with a maximum of $10 per vehicle. BGSC members and kids under 10 get in free.
A $2.00 IBRA/NPBA fee is subtracted from payout before it is configured.
For Masters class rollover you must designate rollover at the time of entry and paid for the Open and Masters class and run only once.
Electric hook ups are available for $10.00 per show.
Contacts for BGSC shows are as follows:
Brian Corder (President): 502-510-0058
Bill Tate (Vice Presidenet): 502-827-3826
Kenze Branham (Secretary): 502-492-9464
Lauren Williams (Treasurer): 502-645-3184
If you would like to receive text alerts on shows text “alert” to 502-510-0058. Remember if weather is questionable call before you haul.
Bluegrass Saddle Club is located at 365 West 1st Street, Shepherdsville, Kentucky.
Photo: Courtesy of Carly Dolan