Monday: mulling over the pile of work on your desk, procrastinate until the afternoon conference call and catch up with the latest in Louisville sports. Because, well, we all know we would rather be at a game on this Monday.
1. Teddy is “perfect fit” for the NFL, so said by former NFL QB Chris Weinke. Teddy, we’re smiling with you, and WHEN you get to the NFL, we’ll still be there smiling.
2. Score, Score, Score...Schimmel. UofL women’s basketball player, Shoni Schimmel, wowed on Sunday afternoon against Memphis hitting a UofL record 9 three’s. Schimmel caught the attention of espnW, winning national player of the week honors.
3. Kelby Johnson, a junior college tackle, commits to Louisville football. After playing at the University of Virginia, where he was suspended for violating team rules, Johnson has two remaining years of eligibility, and Louisville is the place for him to play the field.
4. The UofL men’s basketball faces off against Cincinnati on Thursday, at 7p.m. in the KFC Yum! Center. Honor past Cardinal men’s basketball players at halftime of the game.
5. Pitino recruits 6’7’’ small forward Brandon Ingram from Kinston, North Carolina. Among the Cardinals, looking at Ingram are UNC, NC State, Clemson, and Minnesota.
|5 Things to know about Louisville Sports on this Monday, Feb. 3rd|
|How Louisville Natives & UofL Products Did in the NFL’s Week 2|
|How Louisville Natives & UofL Products Did in the NFL's Week 1|
|Pryor, Smith and Bridgewater storm the first round of the NFL draft|
|Four Things You Missed While March Madness Took Over|
|Teddy Bridgewater is "perfect" for the NFL|
|Kentucky Athletic Hall of Fame Celebrates 50 Years|