91.9 WFPK received “Station of the Year” at the annual Radio & Records Triple A Summit, a music industry convention. WFPK was awarded the honor for non-commercial stations in medium and small markets on Saturday in Boulder, CO. “I’m thrilled and honored, especially since the votes came from my industry peers,” says WFPK Program and Music Director Stacy Owen. “It’s a true testament to the talent and hard work of the entire WFPK staff!” 91.9 WFPK is Louisville’s only 24-hour AAA (Adult Album Alternative) format station. It is one of the three stations of Louisville Public Media, which itself is unique in the national radio landscape having three distinct public radio formats under one non-profit corporate umbrella. WFPK’s brand of AAA spins a blend of significant new artists, the best local music and listener’s longtime favorites. Radio & Records is the preeminent information company serving the key decision makers in the radio and record industries with research information, including the most comprehensive music-airplay data.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Spring and Summer Sippage: 10 Places to Drink Outdoors in Louisville
- Essential Louisville Bourbon Bars
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (April 23 - 26)
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Essential Louisville: Guide to Southern Indiana
- Kentucky Derby Festival Balloon Glow a Crowd Pleaser
- Five Kentucky Derby craft ideas for kids
- Where to Go and What to Do Derby Week 2015 in Louisville
- Where to Look for Pappy Van Winkle