The Arts Council of Southern Indiana is hosting The Bal Masque Gala on October 20, 2012 from 8 p.m. – 1 a.m. at the historic Masonic Temple at 805 E. Market Street in New Albany. This event is the Arts Council's biggest fundraiser of the year.
The festive evening will include:
- Special appearances by actors from The Drama Studio in full character and costume of their upcoming production of Frankenstein.
- Meet and greet with characters of yesteryear from the Bicentennial Living History Committee who will entertain guests in the historic setting of the Masonic Temple with stories of historical and sometimes mysterious stories of Southern Indiana's local past.
- Silent auction of items donated by local artists and merchants.
- Scrumptious food creations by Carolyn Ritchie.
- Cash bar provided by Third Base Tavern.
- Opening music provided by folk/alternative rock band: Field of Kings from 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- The Horizontal Boogie Band takes the stage 9:30 p.m.-1:00 a.m. and promises to rock you through the witching hour.
Costumes are optional, but highly encouraged as there will be a costume contest!
Advance tickets: $50 per person, $80 per couple.
Tickets at the door: $60 per person, $90 per couple.
Please note this is a 21 and over event.
Click here to purchase tickets online or call the Arts Council at 812-949-4238.
All proceeds from this event benefit arts programs and events in the southern Indiana area.
Image: provided by Ebay