This Sunday, October 13, Mama’s Hip is hosting a babywearing parade from 5pm-6pm during the CycLOUvia. It’s International Babywearing Week and mamas (and papas, grammamas, parents of any sort) around Louisville are celebrating by wearing their babies proudly as they take a stroll down Bardstown Road. This is the second annual CycLOUvia, and Mama's Hip wants to be part of it! No traffic to worry about, as Bardstown Road is shut down to vehicles during the event. Baby carriers, bicycles, and strollers are welcome.
The many reasons to love connecting at Mama’s Hip:
- Free playgroups
- Free mamas, papas, working mamas, etc. groups
- Site to pick up babywearing gear
- Lactation consulting
- Baby and mama yoga
- Toddler art classes
- Information about doulas and midwives and natural birth
- Early pregnancy classes
- Support groups of all shapes and sizes
- A shop that sells cloth diapers and essentials, natural parenting and attachment parenting essentials, and natural products as well as many other items
- Facebook groups to connect with other parents around Louisville
- An ongoing nonprofit effort to support Mama to Mama
- Prenatal breastfeeding classes
- Craft sessions
- Hypnobirthing courses
- Cloth diaper swaps
- Music time for children
- Lamaze and Bradley classes
- And so much more! See the Mama’s Hip calendar for the plethora of information it holds.
Mama’s Hip is located in the Highlands at 1559 Bardstown Road. Facebook page. Phone 502-384-8805.
Photo courtesy of Mama’s Hip, Facebook