Needless to say, it's been a difficult second half for the Louisville Bats. With injuries mounting in Cincinnati, that spells a call for help from Louisville. The Bats have lost the likes of Zack Cozart, Todd Frazier, Dontrelle Willis, Dave Sappelt, Yonder Alonso and others off and on to the Reds. While we love to see our Bats move on to the Big Leagues, it's tough watching the struggles that tend to ensue.
The bullpen has struggled to find consistency and the offense has lost some of its major guns. The moves this season have certainly given many new young players some opportunity to improve and shine, but catching Columbus in the standings has been something of a fantasy for some time now.
The great thing about Bats games at Louisville Slugger Field is that even when the Bats struggle, home games can still be a real treat for the home crowd.
There are only 14 home games remaining this season. So, if you've been meaning to get out to a game, now is the time. There are a lot of promotions going on during this 4-game set that are sure to appease every age group.
Check out the happenings at Slugger Field this weekend, here are the highlights:
Friday, August 12 - Louisville Bats vs. Indianapolis Indians, 7:05 pm
• Post-Game Fireworks – presented by Porter Paints
• 2011 Bats Team Card Set Giveaway – 1st 2,500 fans will receive a card set presented by Porter Paints.
Saturday, August 13 - Louisville Bats vs. Indianapolis Indians, 6:05 pm
• Specialty Beer Happy Hour: $2 Shock Top, AmberBock, & Bud Light Lime from 5:00 to 6:30. Live music by "Thirty Spokes".
• Appearance by “Quick Change” presented by PAETEC
Sunday, August 14 - Louisville Bats vs. Indianapolis Indians, 2:05 pm
• Kids Inflatable FunZone: Kid's Inflatable Play Area will be set up in the Hall of Fame Pavilion from 1:00 until 4:00 PM.
• Louisville Bats Team Autograph Day – from 12:50 until 1:30 fans will be able to get autographs from Bats players on the field presented by Marathon Oil.
• Post-Game Kids Run the Bases – sponsored by Meijer and YMCA
Monday, August 15 - Louisville Bats vs. Indianapolis Indians, 7:05 pm
• Meijer Baseball Bingo
Tickets are available at the Louisville Slugger Field Box office, on-line at www.batsbaseball.com/singlegametickets or by calling the Bats ticket office directly at (855) 228-8497. Regular hours at the Louisville Slugger Field box office and for ordering tickets by phone are Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
|Sports legends of the Ville (landmark edition): Louisville Slugger Field [Sports]|
|Return of the Bats [Sports]|
|The Bats look poised for a second half run. [Sports]|
|Hitting Slugger Field prior to Great American [Sports]|
|Bats release 2011 schedule [Sports]|
|Indians rally to beat Bats 4-2, but Louisville still leads Clippers by half-game [Sports]|
|Harang hammered as Louisville's home-win streak ends [Sports]|