The F.A.T. Friday Trolley Hop on Historic Frankfort Avenue will honor the 4th of July holiday and its title sponsor Bluegrass Brewing Company by hosting a special “BBC Freedom Hop” on Friday, June 25th from 6:00pm to 10:00pm. The evening will include several area restaurants and bars featuring BBC American Pale Ale promotions, and trolley hoppers can also enter to win a prize package at several businesses along the Avenue comprised of BBC merchandise, gift certificates and items from Frankfort Avenue retailers. FREE parking and trolley transportation will be provided by TARC. BBC encourages everyone to please drink responsibly.
Special activities happening during the BBC Freedom Hop on June 25th are:
• The Wine Rack, 2716 Frankfort Avenue, will host BBC American Pale Ale tastings and live music by local band Bona Fide in the courtyard.
• It’s All Greek to Me, located at 2716 Frankfort Avenue, will attempt to form the longest arm to arm Zorba the Greek dance ever in the U.S. at 7:00pm outside the restaurant. Music groups, Greek dancers and many ethnic groups will participate. OPA!!
• The Dressing Room, 2836 Frankfort Avenue, will host a live music, cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and special discounts.
• Elizabeth’s Timeless Attire, located at 2050 Frankfort Avenue, will showcase vintage clothes and accessories from the 1940’s and feature wine and music.
• Conez and Coneyz, located at 2716 and ½ Frankfort Avenue, will host live music.
• Gallery Janjobe, located in the Mellwood Art Center, is currently displaying Flameworking: Some Like It Hot, an exhibit by 20 torchworking glass artists from across the country, and new work by gallery owners Janet Bailey Burch, Patricia Brock, Jana John, Ann Klem, Joy Lait and Sharon Major.
• The Mellwood Art Center, located at 1860 Mellwood Avenue, will host live music in the courtyard by local band Crushed Velvet, and Lonnie’s Fun Food Café will offer drink and food specials from 5:00-7:00pm.
Historic Frankfort Avenue hosts F.A.T. Friday Trolley Hops on the final Friday of each month, excluding December 2010 due to the New Year’s Eve Holiday. For more information about specific F.A.T. Friday events, the trolley schedule, and the participating businesses, please visit www.fatfridayhop.org
The 2010 F.A.T. Friday title sponsors are Bluegrass Brewing Company and Maker’s Mark and corporate sponsors are Brown-Forman and the Mellwood Arts Center. Supporting sponsors are: 2023 Mid-Century Modern, Architype, Carmichael's Bookstore, CC & Co., Celia's @ Mellwood, Conz & Coneyz, Crescent Hill Gallery, Davidson Design, Dressing Room, Elizabeth's Timeless Attire, eyedia, Friends Lapidary & Jewelry, Gallery Janjobe, Heine Brothers Coffee, Its All Greek To Me, Just Creations, Kaviar Forge, Margaret's Consignment & Collectibles, Mariposa Place, Mona & Lisa, PattiCakes Café & Gift Shop, Peacock Boutique, Porcini, Pottery Rowe, Quest Outdoors, Sister Dragonfly, South Bayly Boutique, Sol Aztecas, The Irish Rover, The Wine Rack, Third Lutheran Church, Tilford Dobbins, Varanese Fusion and Work The Metal.