Charlotte, not Uptown, but not far:
North Davidson Area - Down Davidson Street. We call the neighborhood “NoDa” (No-Dah) Artsy neighborhood. It’s a very cool place with art galleries and some working artists. Restaurants and bars in NoDa include:
- Boudreaux’s Louisiana Kitchen – name says it all
- Cabo Fish Taco - great fish tacos and a lot of tequila drinking going on at the bar
- The Dog Bar - drinking and bar food and you can bring your dog.
- The Evening Muse - Live music, beer/wine only
- The Neighborhood Theater - Live Music and alcohol
- Solstice Tavern - bar, owned by a friend of mine
- Smelly Cat Coffee House – you can get T-shirts and other goodies with Smelly Cat logo on them
- Salvador Deli-deli with live bands outside
- The Mellow Mushroom- Amazing Pizza
Center Charlotte - Plaza Midwood
Very close to uptown is a historic district that’s just a short cab ride from Uptown. Awesome local places to hang out away from Uptown but you can see Uptown clearly from Plaza Midwood. You can walk from one of these places to the next, IF you are able to walk after visiting a couple.
- Thomas Street Tavern - well known bar, decent food
- The Penguin Drive In – THE best junk food in town, it was featured on Diners, Drive-In’s and Dives for Fried Pickles. Also Try the Grilled Banana and Peanut Butter Sandwich - (WATCH THE DINERS, DRIVE-INS & DIVES FEATURE ON THE PENGUIN)\
- The Dish - unique restaurant, try the shrimp and grits-excellent
- Whiskey Warehouse – a bar with great prime rib sliders
You’ll also find some live music in this area.