An internet make-over for the swanky new website and a fresh new app for the iPhone, iPad and Android devices is what Churchill Downs has been working on since Derby.
Image rich with a slick new slider, featured content, the latest news, the current day's events and the featured event is what you can expect to see when you land on the newly revamped ChurchillDowns.com website. I'm a big fan of sliders (not the White Castle burgers, though I also love those at 4 am) because it gives a static website great appeal, character and engages your audience visually. Also, I like the fact that they've included relevant information as soon as you visit their landing page and it looks great on your mobile phone too!
Not only did Churchill Downs give their website an amazing makeover, but they also created a cool app for you iPhone, iPad or Android device. A few of the features include:
- Event Lineup: View the list of exciting entertainment events and races through the end of the year, build your own personal event “schedule” with one touch, and purchase tickets for each event directly from your mobile.
- Live Toteboard: View Churchill Downs race entries and results with ease on the Live Toteboard.
- News, Facebook, & Twitter: Don’t miss a beat and stay connected with the latest breaking racing and entertainment news!
- Betting Info: Learn how to make your bets, use the calculator to determine the bet costs, and become an insider on racing and betting terminology. You can even learn how to bet the races online or by phone.
- Tickets: Link directly into the Churchill Downs online box office to purchase your tickets directly from your mobile.
- Videos & Photos: Enjoy a wide array of entertainment and racing video and photo galleries.
- Games: Test your knowledge on trivia, literally picture yourself in stylish Derby hats and share them via Facebook, as well as listen to and sing along to the state song "My Old Kentucky Home."
- Plan Your Visit: Loaded with venue information including gate open times, post times, facility maps, driving directions, and more.