If you have the patience, Metro Parks has the golf courses. With special deals this month and next, too.
Through the month of August, Metro Parks golf courses are offering a $3 discount for 18-hole rounds with cart rental, weekdays from noon to 4 p.m. and weekends from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Get the discount coupon, which you can use at any of the nine Metro courses, on the Metro Parks site.
For Labor Day golfing fun, Metro Parks is offering a $20 golf package. The price lets four people play nine holes at any course. The deal is good after 4 p.m., Saturday, August, 31, Sunday, September 1, and Monday, September 2. The price includes greens and cart fees.
The courses are open every day, from dawn to dark, each has a pro shop, and each clubhouse offers golf lessons provided by a PGA Pro.
Check this chart for the regular rates for greens fees for each park.
Both deals are good at any of these nine Metro Parks courses:
• Bobby Nichols Golf Course, 4301 E. Pages Lane, 502/937-9051 (9 holes)
• Charlie Vettiner Golf Course, 10207 Mary Dell Lane, 502/267-9958 (18 holes)
• Cherokee Golf Course, 2501 Alexander Road, 502/458-9450 (9 holes)
• Crescent Hill Golf Course, 3110 Brownsboro Road, 502/896-9193 (9 holes)
• Iroquois Golf Course, 1501 Rundill Road, 502/363-9520 (18 holes)
• Long Run Golf Course, 1605 Flat Rock Road, 502/245-9015 (18 holes)
• Seneca Golf Course, 2300 Pee Wee Reese Blvd, 502/458-9298 (18 holes)
• Shawnee Golf Course, 460 Northwestern Parkway, 502/776-9389 (18 holes)
• Sun Valley Golf Course, 6505 Bethany Lane, 502/937-9228 (18 holes)
|Louisville Recognized as Bicycling-Friendly City|
|Eight Cool (Free) Louisville Apps for Android|
|Autumn Hit List: Ten Must Do Things in and Around Louisville This Fall|
|Toddler Tuesdays: Yoga Options Around Louisville|
|Swim Lessons for Kids in Louisville|
|Walking Clubs in and around Louisville|
|Apply Now for Mayor’s Healthy Hometown Mini-Grants|