It may get a little chilly tonight so add another layer of bandages to that mummy costume and belly up to the bars on Frankfort Ave. for some SoCo drink specials. Brown-Forman is sponsoring a special “SoCo Halloween Hop” on Friday, October 28th from 6 to 10 p.m. Several restaurants along the Avenue will host Southern Comfort drink specials, and retailers will showcase SoCo displays in their storefront windows. What’s Halloween without candy, right? Hoppers can also enjoy free candy and are encouraged to dress in costume. Remember, wherever the Hop takes you, get there safely. Please Drink Responsibly.
Special activities happening during the F.A.T. Friday SoCo Halloween Hop on October 28th are:
· The Wine Rack, located at 2632 Frankfort Avenue, will be rockin’ a Bourbon Street theme and sampling specialty SoCo cocktails. All staff will be in costume, and there will be live music from 6:00pm-8:30pm.
· Third Lutheran Church, located at 1864 Frankfort Avenue, will host “Trunk or Treat” in the parking lot behind the church where kids dressed in costume can go from car to car to get free candy!
· The Crescent Hill Trading Company, located at 2720 Frankfort Avenue, will offer Southern Comfort Gumbo prepared by Chef Finbar Kinsella for a small donation.
· Mellwood Art Center, located at 1860 Mellwood Avenue, will host a Halloween Pet Costume Contest and participants can enter for a chance to win $50! Costume judging will take place at 8:00pm in the Mellwood courtyard where Crushed Velvet will be playing live dance music. The Canadians Invade Kentucky exhibition is currently on display in the majority of the Mellwood Galleries, which features ten Canadian photographers. This exhibition is being held in conjunction with the 2011 Louisville Photo Biennial.
· Margaret’s Consignment, located at 2700 Frankfort Avenue, will host a costume contest at 7:30pm, and the winner will receive a $50 gift certificate to Margaret’s! There will also be free candy, Lady Gaga impersonators, and chair massages provided by Balance Therapeutic Massage from 6:00pm-8:30pm.
· Eyedia, located at 1631 North Mellwood Avenue, will partner with 9th District Councilwoman Tina Ward-Pugh to host a Green Triangle celebration featuring refreshments and giveaways to guests wearing costume. A portion of the evening’s sales will also benefit the Green Triangle program.
For more information about specific F.A.T. Friday events, the trolley schedule, and the participating businesses, please visit www.fatfridayhop.org.
|Louisville Hearse Society’s Photo Shoot Is Creepy Fun|
|Get the Creeps at Waverly Hills Sanatorium Haunted House|
|Get into the spooky spirit at children’s storytime with author Thomas Freese at A Reader’s Corner [Books]|
|Halloween on Hillcrest Ave preview photo gallery [Halloween]|
|The Perfect Halloween Musical: Sweeney Todd, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street|
|Parents and Preschoolers: Things to Do Around Louisville|
|The Audition: Trying Out For a Part in the Devil's Attic|