Field of Kings is a local folk rock/alternative style group that has been playing in the Louisville area for almost two years. The members have many close friends in the area, including one who is currently in the middle of a challenging battle with cancer. Field of Kings has generously decided to host Rock for Cancer, a benefit party to help pay the multitude of expensive medical bills for that friend. Musical acts will include The Winston Hours, Violet Knives, Bobby Wilson, Jon Ellenbrand, Meadow Ryann, and of course Field of Kings. Rock for Cancer will take place at Wick’s in New Albany on Sunday, July 1st from 2-9pm. The cover charge will only be $5 at the door with all proceeds going to the fight against cancer. This is an all ages event. Bring your family and friends and donate to a good cause while listening to some great music!
Hi! My name is Jenna. I am a music teacher at a primary school. I love teaching because you get to feel like a rockstar without all the fuss of being famous. My hobbies include cosplay, reading, music, traveling, and collecting vintage clothes and records.More from author:
October 3rd, 2012
October 30th, 2012
December 13th, 2013
May 20th, 2010
May 29th, 2014
July 7th, 2014
March 4th, 2015
February 24th, 2015
March 2nd, 2015
March 3rd, 2015
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Closing Time for 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Skiing Downtown Louisville
- The Ohio River Retains Its Top Spot as Most Polluted River in the Nation
- Night Rider: Crazy Things I Saw Driving In The Storm
- Louisville Snowstorm Deals Huge Blow to ‘An Act of Dog’
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- Chef Maria's Bistro to Open in Old Louisville
- Review: Harry Connick, Jr. at the Louisville Palace