Live music ranging from jazz and hip hop to gospel and Christmas choirs plus music from international cultures will be featured at free community concerts the first three Saturday evenings in December. The shows, featuring local performers, will take place on the main stage at Fourth Street Live on Dec. 1, 8 and 15 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The free community performances are presented by Humana CareSource.
“We hope these free shows, featuring a diverse blend of local talent, will draw people from all over the community to downtown during the holidays where they can enjoy the lights and festivities of the holiday season,” Mayor Greg Fischer said.
“Fourth Street Live! is excited to be part of this year’s transformation of the long standing Light Up Louisville tradition and the addition of the 40 Days of Lights celebration on Fourth Street. This holiday season Fourth Street Live! will be hosting fun for all ages with music and lights, fireworks, the community tree, and an ice skating rink. We look forward to welcoming all Louisvillians and visitors to our city to join in this exciting holiday celebration” said Mike Leonard of Hogan Real Estate – the Cordish Company’s local partner at Fourth Street Live!
People coming to the shows will be able to enjoy the nightly 40 Nights of Lights light show which stretches along a four-block corridor of 4th Street from Christmas at the Galt House near Main south to Muhammad Ali. The performance stage will also be near the 50-foot community Christmas tree at 4th and Liberty.
Free Community Outreach Performances
- 5:30 p.m. Nate Pederson (Folk solo guitars)
- 5:45 p.m. Jazz trio
- 6 p.m. Antonio Terrell Band (R&B)
- 7 p.m. Rick Debow (Jazz Saxophonist)
- 5:30 p.m. Dance Intermix (African/Belizean Dance)
- 6 p.m. Parranda (Central American Holiday Dance)
- 7 p.m. Safiyyah Dance (Jazz, Hip Hop Dance)
- 5:30 p.m. Shawn McGavock (Holiday Christian Singer)
- 5:45 p.m. Verman Winburn
- 6 p.m. Junior Black Butterflies (Christian dance ministry)
- 6:15 p.m. Julia Royston
- 6:30 p.m. HOPE ministry (Gospel Rappers)
- 7 p.m. Wayside Choir