Cycling enthusiasts are getting all geared up (who could resist a pun like that?) for the UCI Cyclo-Cross World Championships, to be held here in Louisville on February 2-3, 2013. For the first time in the international event's 63-year history, it will be held outside of Europe, at Eva Bandman Park on River Road near downtown Louisville.
The world championships will feature 300 top professional riders from approximately 25 countries and is expected to draw crowds of 5,000 to 6,000 per day, including fans, cyclists and officials from throughout the U.S., Europe and other parts of the world.
Here are some answers to your Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What are the race times and schedules?
Friday, February 1st:
Saturday February 2nd:
Sunday February 3rd:
2. Can I bring my dog with me? Sorry, but dogs (except for guide dogs) will not be allowed in the race venue.
3. Can I bring coolers / tents / etc.? No outside food or drink (including cans and bottles) No tents allowed but folding or camp chairs are permitted.
4. What time do the gates open? 9:00 a.m., both days.
5. Do the masters and elites race on the same course? No; though both are in Louisville, but at different venues. The 2013 UCI Masters Cyclo-Cross World Championships are held at Champions Park at River Road Country Club (all the details in the technical guide). The 2013 UCI Elite Cyclo-Cross World Championships are held at Eva Bandman Park.
6. Do you have bike parking? Yes, bike parking is available at the venue in unattended lot. Bring your own lock.
7. Do you allow re-entry in the venue? Yes, you will receive a wristband which allows you to re-enter the venue.
8. Are the races streamed or televised? Yes.
TV and Internet Broadcast Schedule
The 2013 UCI Cyclo-Cross World Championships will be streamed live on the UCI Cycling youtube channel, and also embedded on the Louisville2013.com, USACycling.org. The livestream will be geo-restricted for countries with TV broadcast.
UCI Youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/ucichannel)
Want to help? Volunteers are still needed for Cyclo-Cross championship events: CLICK HERE to volunteer.
|Kentucky Athletic Hall of Fame Celebrates 50 Years|
|Fort Larned wins Stephen Foster in impressive fashion|
|Downs After Dark returns to Churchill Downs for action-packed Saturday night|
|Successful Dan headlines Stephen Foster field|
|Palace Malice upsets Derby and Preakness winners in Belmont triumph|
|Derby and Preakness winners pair off in Belmont Stakes|
|Oxbow upset winner in the Preakness Stakes|