Lets put the power of social media to a test. If you haven't already heard, there's a big football game this weekend, it's called the Super Bowl. Also, if you didn't know, Louisville has a tie this monumental game; Steelers' cornerback, William Gay. He's a Louisville football alumni and I think we can get him to #ThrowTheL during Super Bowl XLV (45).
William Gay was a standout defensive back for the Louisville Cardinals and now he's taken his talents to the NFL, playing for the Pittsburgh Steelers. You may remember his pivotal play in the AFC Championship game when he returned a fumble for a touchdown (fan video below). Gay's also listed as the #1 rising sports star.
Now wouldn't it have been awesome if Gay threw up the Louisville "L" in front of millions of fans, in honor of the Louisville Cardinals and the 502?
"Big Play" William Gay is an active Tweeter (@WilliamGay22) and often interacts with his fans and friends on Twitter. Here's how we start the movement:
- If you're on Twitter, tweet the hash-tag #ThrowTheL to @WilliamGay22 or just tweet it out to all your followers.
- Share this article with friends, family and fellow fans.
- Share this article on the Rivals message board or wherever passionate Cardinal fans are chatting.
- Don't have Twitter? Share this article on Facebook (below the article is a "Share Button" click it and select Facebook) and help spread the word!
- Save the image and put it as your default profile picture.
The #ThrowTheL movement has officially commenced, let's see if we can make it happen. William Gay, if you're reading this, please help us out and #ThrowTheL during the Super Bowl! We all know you'll make a huge impact on the game; it doesn't have to be a touchdown, perhaps a big tackle or interception?
Check out the progress on Twitter of the #ThrowTheL movement here.