A grassroots rally for a PlantPure Nation on Saturday July 12, 2014 at Iroquois Amphitheater in Louisville, KY was the first of its kind in the United States. It kicked off a new grassroots movement to transform the healthcare system, the food production system, and the relationship to the environment. Scientist and author Dr. T. Colin Campbell and his son, filmmaker Nelson Campbell, joined Kentucky State Representative Tom Riner to address a growing public interest (and industry resistance) to the plant-based diet. Dr. Campbell is the author of the best-selling book The China Study and was prominently featured in the hit documentary Forks Over Knives. The rally included a sneak preview of the documentary film in process, PlantPure Nation, which documents Rep. Riner’s efforts to persuade the Kentucky legislature to support the benefits of a plant-based diet and the obstacles he faced.
Lawyer, photographer, writer, teacher and foundation director. <https://www.blogger.com/profile/16755665932686671383> https://www.flickr.com/photos/86764746@N00/sets/> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL05E7431BB7A8818F (Epigrams)More from author:
April 27th, 2015
March 31st, 2015
March 26th, 2015
March 30th, 2015
February 4th, 2015
March 20th, 2015
December 24th, 2014
July 14th, 2011
July 5th, 2012
August 2nd, 2012
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Spring and Summer Sippage: 10 Places to Drink Outdoors in Louisville
- Essential Louisville Bourbon Bars
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (April 23 - 26)
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Essential Louisville: Guide to Southern Indiana
- Kentucky Derby Festival Balloon Glow a Crowd Pleaser
- Five Kentucky Derby craft ideas for kids
- Where to Go and What to Do Derby Week 2015 in Louisville
- Where to Look for Pappy Van Winkle