The Kentucky State Fair is still going strong, and the third concert in my agenda book for Louisville.com is the Happy Together Tour with the Turtles. American rock band, the Turtles, became known for their hit “Happy Together” in 1967. This feel-good hippie song has been featured in too many commercials and films to name. The Happy Together Tour will also feature ‘60s band The Grass Roots who are widely known for their gold hit “Live For Today.” Gary Puckett, the Buckinghams, and Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees will also be performing at this counterculture reunion. The date for the show is Thursday, August 23rd; it will be held in Cardinal Stadium at the Kentucky Exposition Center. Gates will open at 6:30pm, and the show will start at 8pm. This concert is free with paid admission to the Kentucky State Fair. For more information, including tickets and directions to the Kentucky State Fair, visit www.kystatefair.org.
Hi! My name is Jenna. I am a music teacher at a primary school. I love teaching because you get to feel like a rockstar without all the fuss of being famous. My hobbies include cosplay, reading, music, traveling, and collecting vintage clothes and records.More from author:
August 16th, 2012
August 21st, 2012
August 15th, 2012
March 9th, 2009
March 3rd, 2015
February 16th, 2015
February 24th, 2015
March 2nd, 2015
March 2nd, 2015
February 26th, 2015
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Closing Time for 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (February 27 - March 1)
- The Ohio River Retains Its Top Spot as Most Polluted River in the Nation
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Louisville Snowstorm Deals Huge Blow to ‘An Act of Dog’
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- Local Cafe Seeking Your Help Through Kickstarter
- The Definitive Guide to Bambi Walk
- Chef Maria's Bistro to Open in Old Louisville