Your family isn’t the only thing that gets completely thrown out of whack with the nearing of the holidays… So does the regular schedule of almost everything. From schools to stores to office hours, nothing in this city is open, active or taking questions at the times they usually are during the weeks surrounding Christmas, etc.
So here are a few quick notes about services and activities that will be jamming to a different little drummer boy in the next few days:
TARC Holiday Schedule
In observation of the holidays, TARC buses will operate on the following schedules:
• 12/24/10: All TARC buses will operate on the Saturday schedule.
• 12/24/10: Express routes and the Cardinal Shuttle will not be in service.
• 12/25/10: All buses will run on the Sunday/Holiday schedule.
• 12/31/10: Buses will operate on the routine Friday schedule.
• 01/01/11: All buses will run on the Sunday/Holiday schedule.
For additional information about TARC schedules, call TARC Customer Service at 585- 1234, TTY 213-3240 or visit TARC’s Web site at www.ridetarc.org.
Metro Parks Facilities Holiday Schedule
• The Mary T. Meagher Aquatic Center, 201 Reservoir Road in Crescent Hill Park, will be closed Thursday-Saturday, Dec. 23-25, and Dec. 30-Jan. 1. Regular business hours will resume on Monday, Jan. 3, 2011.
• Metro Parks Community Centers, the Flaget and Wilderness Road Senior Centers, and the Metro Arts Center, located on Dixie Highway, will be closed Friday-Saturday, Dec. 24-25, and Dec. 31-Jan. 1. Similar to the Mary T. Meagher Aquatic Center, regular business hours will resume on Monday, Jan. 3, 2011.
Post-Christmas Junk Pick-up Schedule
Due to the holidays, the junk pick-up dates for the residents of the Urban Services District (old city limits) have been moved to December 28th through December 31st. Curbside set-out of junk ready for pick-up can begin on Sunday, December 26th but no earlier. Get more specifics here.
Photo courtesy of ridetarc.org
|Yoga: The Hottest Way to De-Stress this Holiday Season|
|Make winter happen: Hit up the Library this weekend for seasonal fun with Let It Snow! storytime|
|Christmas starts at Carmichael’s: Buy local for your favorite bookworms with Carmichaels’ Holiday Catalogue|
|Have a Paws-itively Happy Holiday|
|Review of Christmas at the Galt House|
|Give gratitude for your holiday haul: create thank-yous at the Louisville Library’s Many Thanks! craft time|
|You're welcome: A local list of ways and places to make the most of your gift giving [Christmas]|