The 46th annual Homearama is happening in Louisville on July 12-27, in Eastern Jefferson County in the neighborhood of Shakes Run. Instead of just opening your Southern Living Magazine, at Homearama you will be able to actually visit eight glamorous and immaculate homes that may give you direction and ideas for finding your dream home, building a new home, or even remodeling or redecorating your current home.
Here's a sneak peak of what's to come:
Here's what you need to know:
- Admission is $10 per ticket, per visit. Bring cash or your checkbook. They will NOT accept credit or debit cards because ATM services are not offered on site.
- Children 12 and under are FREE.
- Bring some extra cash for the concession tent that will offer refreshments to give you a break in between touring the homes. They will be selling hotdogs, brats, soft pretzels, sodas, bottled water, and a few other items on site.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes. While those stiletto heels are the perfect accessory for that sundress and would look good in that walk-in closet you'll be checking out, they're better left at home. Your feet will thank me later.
- Hours are:
Weekdays: 5 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Saturdays: 10 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Sundays: 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- The ticket gate closes an hour and half prior to the above listed closing times.
- Be sure to keep the following dates in mind when you're planning the day you want to attend:
Mondays and Wednesdays (July 14, 16, 21, 23) at 6 p.m. there will be wine tastings offered by The Old502 Winery (my favorite local winery). Each admission ticket includes a ticket to the wine tasting if you wish to participate.
Tuesdays and Thursdays (July 15, 17, 22, 24) at 6 p.m. there will be beer tastings offered by BBC. Beer tasting tickets will be available for purchase at the concession tent.
Live music will also be featured each evening. Here's a schedule.
- Don’t forget that some of the furniture and accessories on display in the homes are for sale! On Monday July 28, the furniture sale will be officially open from 1-7 p.m. Not all homes are guaranteed to be open and not all furniture and accessories are for sale. The accepted methods of payment vary by house and designer. If you are interested in a specific piece, speak with the designer immediately before the furniture sale. You do not need a ticket to enter the furniture sale, and admission is FREE. You can contact builders and decorators for more information or call the Building Industry Association (BIA) Office on Monday at 502-429-6000.
- Directions: From the Gene Snyder, take Shelbyville Road to Eastwood-Fisherville Road. Turn right on Eastwood-Fisherville Road, and Shakes Run is 2 miles down on the left.
- The address is:
Shakes Creek Way
Fisherville, KY 40023
- Follow this link for photos of the homes that will be displayed here.
- Up-to-date Homearama news is available here.
- Oh, and one more thing - Enjoy visiting, dreaming, planning, and maybe even sipping.
Video: Courtesy of SummitMedia Louisville
Photo: Courtesy of Homearama.com