UPS has a major operation in Louisville. And while working for UPS certainly has its perks, Peak Week (that magical time before Christmas when everyone and their aunt is mailing holiday packages) is this week. UPS is Louisville's largest employer, and according to this article they employ 55,000 seasonal employees. While of course everyone is grateful for a job in this economy, this is how it feels to work at UPS during peak week.
1. No sleep. Ever. Oh you think it's time to sleep? Wrong.
2. Sore. Achy. Unsure if just tired from work or actually getting the sniffles.
3. Covered in dust, debris, ice, and sadness
4. Feeling like a Scrooge for hating the holidays so much.
5. Feeling like Scrooge McDuck because you're rolling in cash money, y'all! Overtime for days!
Only nine days til Christmas! Hang in there!
|This week, in Louisville, on Craigslist: the Lusty Kroger edition|
|Louisville's Hipster Handbook. According to Yelp reviewers.|
|Everything is Frozen, School is Closed, Let's Just Cancel Everything|
|Bourbon Country is Under Construction|
|Digital Detox at Garage Bar|
|First Annual Take Heart Gala - Great Fundraising for a Great Cause|
|This week, in Louisville, on Craigslist: Feb. 14-20|