UPS has a major operation in Louisville. And while working for UPS certainly has its perks, Peak Week (that magical time before Christmas when everyone and their aunt is mailing holiday packages) is this week. UPS is Louisville's largest employer, and according to this article they employ 55,000 seasonal employees. While of course everyone is grateful for a job in this economy, this is how it feels to work at UPS during peak week.
1. No sleep. Ever. Oh you think it's time to sleep? Wrong.
2. Sore. Achy. Unsure if just tired from work or actually getting the sniffles.
3. Covered in dust, debris, ice, and sadness
4. Feeling like a Scrooge for hating the holidays so much.
5. Feeling like Scrooge McDuck because you're rolling in cash money, y'all! Overtime for days!
Only nine days til Christmas! Hang in there!
|300 Kentuckiana Children Finding Their Inner Science Superstar|
|Fabien Cousteau to Speak In-Depth at IF Water Conference|
|The Cost of Tiger Baby Playtime|
|WHAS Airs Exclusive Series on Upcoming Broadway in Louisville Season|
|Hetero Bartenders Dish on Working LGBT Scene in Louisville|
|Grassroots Rally for a PlantPure Nation Draws "The China Study" Author to Louisville|
|Wine Walk & Shop Event in Jeffersonville|