Derby is only 22 days away and the Derby Festival events begin tonight. So, how much do you know about the Kentucky Derby? Test your skills and knowledge about the race!
1) The Kentucky Derby is held on which day?
a) The first Saturday in April
b) The first Saturday in July
c) The first Saturday in May
d) The first Saturday in March
e) The first Saturday in June
2) The fastest time in the Kentucky Derby was posted by which horse?
a) Seattle Slew
3) Which jewel of the Triple Crown is the Derby?
4) Who was the first Kentucky Derby Winner?
c) Day Star
e) Lord Derby
5) How many fillies have won the Kentucky Derby?
6) The last gelding to win the Kentucky Derby was named what?
a) Clyde Van Dusen
c) Venetian Way
d) Funny Cide
7) The 2000 Kentucky Derby Winner was which horse?
a) Fusaichi Pegasus
d) Real Quiet
e) Silver Charm
8) The first Kentucky Derby was run in which year?
9) The largest Kentucky Derby attendance, in 1974, was what?
10) The last Triple Crown Winner was which horse?
c) Mr. Ed
e) Afleet Alex
Quiz courtesy of the Kentucky Derby website.
Photo courtesy of Shutterstock
|Churchill Downs’ Kentucky Derby 141 Future Wager Opens Black Friday|
|Kentucky Derby Winner California Chrome Looks for Redemption in Breeders’ Cup Classic|
|Will California Chrome Win the Triple Crown? Thoughts from Past Winners|
|What time is Kentucky Derby 140? – the things you need to know|
|How to Win Free Tickets to Kentucky Derby 2014|
|Kentucky is still the “Horse Capital of the World” and I can prove it|
|Fashion, bourbon and fast horses make Keeneland Racecourse the place to be this weekend [Horse racing]|