The International Barrel Racing Association (IBRA) will be having a barrel racing series at Red Barn Arena starting with the first show on December 22. Other shows will be held on January 5, 2013, February 16, 2013, March 16, 2013, April 20, 2013, and May 25, 2013. Proceeds from these shows will benefit the Kentucky IBRA awards.
Warm ups start at 11:30 am ($5.00 per run, paid at the gate). Show start time is at 1 pm.
The show schedule and classes are as follows:
1. Open 2-D Poles (Full second split) $16.00 ($100 added at 30 entries)
2. Open 2-D Flags (½ second split) $20.00 ($100 added after 15 entries)
3. Pee-Wee Barrels - Ages 10 & Under $6.00 (100% payback)
4. Youth 3-D Barrels - Ages 18 & Under $23.00 ($250 added at 50)
5. Adult 3-D Barrels - Ages 19 & Over $16.00 ($100 added at 30)
6. Open 4-D Barrels $30.00 ($250 added with 45 entries, $500 added at 75)
$1,000 added at 135 entries and at 75 entries class becomes a 4-D. All fees are included in entry fees. You can roll over your open time to the Masters Class prior to running in the Open Class upon paying entry fees for both classes in advance.
7. Masters/Seniors 3-D Barrels - Ages 40 & Over $23.00 ($50 added after 15 entries)
To access the full showbill go to the IBRA website here.
For more information on this show contact Shane at the IBRA office at 502-239-4000. For directions, stalls, or other information call Tammi Kennedy at 502-643-5959 or go to the Red Barn Arena website here.
Red Barn Arena is located at 6720 Hwy. 44 East, Taylorsville, KY. 40071.
Photo: courtesy of IBRA
|Saddle Up Arena to host two day IBRA barrel racing show on April 13-14|
|Kentucky Round-Up coming to the Kentucky Horse Park on February 2 with equine education fun for the whole family|
|Lakeside Arena in Frankfort, Kentucky to host a Hunter-Jumper Horse Show on November 10 and 11, 2012 [Equine]|
|The final mini horse trial of the 2012 42 Fleur De Lis Mini Trial Series to be held at Flying Cross Farm on November 11 [Equine]|
|The International Barrel Racing Association 2012 National Finals coming to Louisville’s Exposition Center October 1-6 [Equine]|
|The IBRA National Barrel Racing Finals, to be held in Louisville, Kentucky on October 1-6, 2012, entry closing date is coming up [Equine]|
|The Arabian Horse Celebration is coming to Louisville's Freedom Hall on September 19-22 [Equine]|