Guitarist Kelly Richey has teamed up with well-known bassist Freekbass and power-house drummer, Louisville local and Louisville.com writer, Jyn Yates to form the Kelly Richey Band. Richey, who leads the blues based band with echoes of rock/ pop describes the new album “Sweet Spirit” as capturing who she now is as an artist and performer. Although the official release date of this anticipated record is March 1, the band is hosting a special Pre-Release party in Louisville at Stevie Ray’s this Friday, February 1 at 10:00 pm. The party will showcase the band’s new vibe and give fans a chance to get a first listen to the original beats laid out by this threesome. As if the band wasn’t busy enough with scheduled appearances on WHAS and WFPK Friday, Richey and Yates are also playing in the Actor’s Theatre production of “Girlfriend” showing now through Feb. 17. This “Fast-Driving Mama” is certainly in the fast lane and one that I will be sure to catch this Friday at Stevie Rays.
A Louisville implant, I was raised as an Army brat, served in the Navy, and have chosen this great city to live in. I enjoy music of basically all sorts and prefer to be outdoors whenever possible. I eagerly experience anything that life has to offer and enjoy documenting it.More from author:
February 2nd, 2013
April 1st, 2015
February 2nd, 2015
March 30th, 2015
January 18th, 2015
February 25th, 2015
March 31st, 2015
March 27th, 2015
March 24th, 2015
March 29th, 2015
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Church of the Advent Challenges America. The Diner
- Review: Water by the Bridge 2015
- Ear X-tacy Graffiti Appears on Bardstown Road Panera
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (March 26 – 29)
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- 15,000 people are headed to Louisville for the VEX Robotics Championship
- Louisville Long-Term Bucket List
- Kentucky Derby Festival Fills Out Fest-A-Ville Lineup
- What Will UofL Do Next Season?
- Con Huevos Opens on Frankfort Avenue