Whether you are just starting out your career as a Citizen Bourbon Ambassador or you’re already a seasoned pro, there’s always more to learn about Kentucky’s Native Spirit. Here are some of the many ways to bolster your bourbon knowledge in the Possibility City.
1. The Filson Bourbon Academy is an all-day class offered several times a year, led by Filson Bourbon Historian and Author Mike Veach. You will learn everything from bourbon history to tasting theory. They also have shorter events such as the Filson Bourbon Salon at Oxmoor Farm series.
4. The Bourbon Classic happens only once a year, but it’s a veritable clearinghouse for all things bourbon-related. There’s a cocktail contest, lectures with Master Distillers, and more amazing food than you can imagine.
6. Mint Julep Tours is based in Louisville, but they can take you to some of the best distilleries in the state. The tour guides really know their stuff, and not having to do any of the driving provides the added bonus of getting to enjoy the scenery.
7. Master Distiller Nights are everywhere, especially during the weeks leading up to Derby. Haymarket Whiskey Bar has Master Distiller nights the third Monday of every month.
10. Moonshine University offers a beginning to end, hands-on class for bourbon enthusiasts.
Photos Courtesy of The Filson Bourbon Academy and Maggie Kimberl
|Top Ten Gifts For Bourbon Enthusiasts|
|December Legends Series Will Feature Jimmy Russell|
|Filson Bourbon Salon and Bourbon Challenge Happening Soon|
|Whisky Chicks Hometown Sampler Nov. 12|
|Friday Bourbon News Roundup: Happy Birthday Evan Williams Bourbon Experience!|
|Graduating The Filson Bourbon Academy|
|Friday Bourbon News Roundup: A Few Upcoming Events|