The Louisville Free Public Library's summer reading program for children and teens was supposed to officially end today, Saturday, August 10. Earlier this week library staff announced that they would extend the summer reading program until the start of classes, more specifically to align with the first day of school for Jefferson County Public Schools, which is Tuesday, August 20. Now, your children and teens have until August 19/20 to return their summer reading logs and redeem them for some awesome prizes. Click here to view the Great Day Live! interview with the library's summer reading guru, Tracy Thomas. My children received their prizes a couple of weeks ago and are sporting their really cool thinking caps, one of the prizes that went along with the summer reading theme: 'Build Your Brain'. We also love our Library Champion sign and proudly have it displayed in our front yard. Be sure to stop by any of the 18 public library locations around the city/county to turn in your summer reading folder. It's a great way to end summer and start the school year off with a bang! Photo by Erin Nevitt, Video footage courtesy of WHAS11.com, Great Day Live!
Longtime Louisvillian, I am a children's librarian at heart and have a passion for children's lit. I am most recently a stay-at-home mom who is always on the move, searching for family fun in Louisville. If it's free, it's preferable!More from author:
May 29th, 2013
June 13th, 2013
February 17th, 2015
January 20th, 2015
January 20th, 2015
January 2nd, 2015
January 13th, 2015
January 6th, 2015
January 9th, 2015
December 11th, 2014
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Closing Time for 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (February 27 - March 1)
- Louisville Snowstorm Deals Huge Blow to ‘An Act of Dog’
- Get Your Game On: 5 Reasons to Attend the Louisville Arcade Expo
- "Roman Citizen" Premiere in Louisville Draws Crowd Despite Oscars
- Staggers Bringing America. The Diner. to Louisville
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- 2015 Bourbon Classic A Smashing Success