I was disappointed when I arrived to the Circa Survive/ Minus the Bear show last night because signs were posted on Headliner’s door in regards to Circa Survive’s lead singer, Anthony. He was ill and had to be flown home; needless to say, the band would not be performing. I came to see Minus the Bear, so I was relieved the rest of the show would go on as scheduled. For those who had come to see Circa Survive, the band rescheduled and will be at Headliners on April 1st. With a ticket stub from last night’s show, a person can see Circa Survive as well as get a meet and greet package for the band. Not a bad consolation. The show started at 8:20 with Now! Now! taking stage. The two girl, one guy band opened with 7 mellow, melodic songs and ended at 9. The hipster crowd eagerly waited for Minus the Bear to take stage. At 9:30 Minus the Bear appeared and the cheers swelled throughout the room. The audience consisted of a posh, skinny jeans and jeggins wearing crowd that bobbed happily with the rolls of the tunes. After hearing the band, I retract my earlier comparison to Band of Horses. Minus the Bear may seem tame on Pandora but they ripped it up live. The guys rocked out steady through several technical problems and a blinding lights show. Not one slow song was played and it was a perfect pick me up for a wet Monday. Minus the Bear transformed Headliners into a piece of summer with its warm temperature, bright lights, bouncing kids, and late night.
A Louisville implant, I was raised as an Army brat, served in the Navy, and have chosen this great city to live in. I enjoy music of basically all sorts and prefer to be outdoors whenever possible. I eagerly experience anything that life has to offer and enjoy documenting it.More from author:
March 11th, 2013
June 21st, 2013
February 27th, 2015
January 28th, 2015
January 31st, 2015
January 27th, 2015
December 26th, 2014
November 7th, 2012
July 21st, 2008
January 9th, 2009
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Louisville Snowstorm Deals Huge Blow to ‘An Act of Dog’
- Staggers Bringing America. The Diner. to Louisville
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (February 27 - March 1)
- How Rajon Rondo, Gorgui Dieng & Russ Smith Did This Past Week in the NBA
- Top 10 Indoor Options for Kids: Where To Go in Louisville
- Meet Christen ‘Tiny’ Herron: Founder of The Forgotten Louisville
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- "Roman Citizen" Premiere in Louisville Draws Crowd Despite Oscars
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)