Audition appointments are required. Call 502.589.4060 for an audition appointment.
AUDITION LOCATION: Backstage at IROQUOIS AMPHITHEATER
- CHILDREN AUDITIONS (Ages 7 - 12)
- Monday and Tuesday, March 6th & 7th 3:30PM - 7:00PM
- Children's Ensembles will appear in ANYTHING GOES, CINDERELLA, and BRIGADOON. The child actor age range is set for ages 7 - 12 due to production demands, backstage traffic, and degree of focus and responsibilities. 16 bars of an uptempo song are required. Young actors will also be taught a brief dance combination. If you tap dance, bring your tap shoes!
- GENERAL AUDITIONS
- Friday, March 10th 5:00PM - 10:15PM
- Saturday, March 11th 12:15PM - 7:15PM
- Friday, March 17th 3:15PM - 10:45PM
- Saturday, March 18th 12:15PM - 7:15PM
- Sunday, March 19th - CALLBACKS, hold the date!
Please bring with you a headshot and resume, along with your summer schedule (job, vacation, etc.).
REHEARSAL / PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: MTL generally rehearses of an evening during the week and either days or evenings on weekends. Rehearsals begin approximately three weeks prior to the first performance. Double check your calendar ahead of time, confirming which shows you are eligible and available for by reviewing the rehearsal period and performance dates (see season info below).
VOCAL AUDITION: We request you prepare 16 bars of an uptempo song. Due to the tight audition schedule, you will be stopped if you exceed 16 bars. An accompanist will be provided. Please bring sheet music, and have your section marked clearly for the accompanist. Acapella auditions (singing on your own without music), are discouraged.
DANCE AUDITION: You will also be asked to learn two short dance combinations, a tap combo and a jazz / ballet combo. Please dress to move and wear either dance shoes or sneakers.
AUDITION TO-DO CHECK LIST:
- Arrive 15 - 20 minutes ahead of your audition appt in order to fill out paperwork and catch your breath.
- Bring bottled water.
- Dress in layers - climate control backstage may be inconsistent!
- Dress to move. Your audition includes a dance component.
- Prepare your 16 bars of music. Work with a voice instructor or accompanist at least once before you audition. Are you sure you know what your piano accompaniment sounds like? Make sure you do.
- Try to bind your sheet music in a three-ring binder (plastic sleeves work great!) so the music stays on the piano and not on the floor.
- Introduce yourself to the auditors by clearly stating your name and the title of your song.
- Review your calendar and know which shows you are eligible and available for.
- Make sure you are familiar with the shows you are auditioning for.
- Wear shoes! Tap if you have 'em, dance shoes or sneakers.
- Keep Sunday, March 19th open in case you are called for a callback.
- Casting can take up to two weeks. Please do be patient.
- Audition with us again next year, no matter what the results this year.
***TECHNICAL THEATRE INTERNSHIPS WITH STIPENDS AVAILABLE! Please contact the MTL Production Manager at 502.432.9943 to inquire about technical internships.
MTL 2006 SUMMER SEASON
MTL Field Days Student Matinee:
SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK LIVE!
May 9 - 12, 16 - 19 @ 10:00AM and 11:30AM
May 20 @ 7:30PM
WEST SIDE STORY
June 16 - 18, 21 - 25 @ 8:00PM
- directed by Mark Martino / choreography by Gail Benedict
July 7 -9, 12 - 16 @ 8:00PM
- directed by Wendy McClellan / choreography by Bette Weber Flock
MTL Rising Stars (a production for high school students):
Rodgers & Hammerstein's CINDERELLA
August 4 - 6, 9 - 13 @ 8:00PM
- directed by Georgette Kleier
September 8 - 10, 13 - 17 @ 7:30PM
- directed by Steven Rahe / choreography by Donna Richards