The Kentucky State Fair is now underway, and the second concert in my agenda book for Louisville.com is the band the Newsboys. This ever-changing band has been very popular in the contemporary Christian genre for over 20 years. Originally formed in Australia, the band now consists of a few long-time Newsboys members and Michael Tait, a former member of beloved Christian group DC Talk. Youth groups around the country flock to Newsboys concerts to hear current Christian radio hits like “God’s Not Dead” and “Mighty To Save.” If you’re my age or older, you might have memories from church camp set to tunes like “Breakfast,” “Take Me To Your Leader,” and my personal favorite “Entertaining Angels.” The Newsboys will be performing with Sanctus Real on Monday, August 20th in Cardinal Stadium at the Kentucky Exposition Center. Gates will open at 6:30pm, and the show will start at 8pm. This concert is free with paid admission to the Kentucky State Fair. For more information, including tickets and directions to the Kentucky State Fair, visit www.kystatefair.org.
Hi! My name is Jenna. I am a music teacher at a primary school. I love teaching because you get to feel like a rockstar without all the fuss of being famous. My hobbies include cosplay, reading, music, traveling, and collecting vintage clothes and records.More from author:
August 20th, 2012
August 21st, 2012
August 15th, 2012
March 9th, 2009
January 18th, 2015
March 31st, 2015
March 22nd, 2015
March 14th, 2015
March 3rd, 2015
March 20th, 2015
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Church of the Advent Challenges America. The Diner
- Review: Water by the Bridge 2015
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (March 26 – 29)
- 15,000 people are headed to Louisville for the VEX Robotics Championship
- Kentucky Derby Festival Fills Out Fest-A-Ville Lineup
- What Will UofL Do Next Season?
- Easter Brunch Round Up [Food & Dining]
- Louisville Long-Term Bucket List
- Con Huevos Opens on Frankfort Avenue