It’s mid-November. Many people aren’t even thinking about Christmas and holidays that come in December. I’ve seen many folks who are standing their ground and not doing anything related to red and green until November 29. That’s fine. I understand. I am one of them. Usually, I don’t want to entertain the idea of thinking about Christmas and other holidays until after we stuff ourselves full of turkey, dressing, rolls, and cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving Day. This year, I catch myself turning on the Christmas music on the local radio stations. In the morning when we’re bundling up in these freezing temps and driving to school for drop-off, hot coffee in my mug, a little Christmas tune in the background suits us just fine.
This past weekend, my children and I experienced a preview of Christmas at the Galt House, and it certainly propelled us straight into the holiday spirit! Here’s a rundown of what you can expect to see and do with your family, with ticket prices:
- Kalightoscope Christmas – Ticket includes Christmas Village with Snow Fairy Princess plus Candy Cane Forest with Peppermint Express Kiddie Train – (Friday and Sunday)Adult - $18.99 / Child free with Adult Purchase – Additional Child - $9.99 (Monday-Thursday) Adult - $14.99 / All other prices the same. Discounts for Military.
- Colors of the Season Holiday Dinner Show – Tickets range from $13.95-$20.95 for children/ $38.95-$48.95 for adults
- Breakfast with Santa – Tickets range from $15-$30
- Christmas Tea with the Snow Fairy Princess – Tickets are $19.99+
- Ernie’s Express Lunch **new this year – Tickets are $19.99+
All ticket information can be found here.
The characters you will get to meet are the Snow Fairy Princess (at the tea), Ernie the Engineer (at his express lunch), Santa Claus (at breakfast), and Snow Fox (in the den at Christmas Village). Other attractions you can participate in are Christmas Village, Candy Cane Forest, Sing’n’Joy, Dancing Bellman, and Character Experiences. The Galt House has overnight packages as well.
If the Christmas at the Galt House extravaganza doesn’t turn your cheeks all rosy for the holiday season, I don’t know what will! I personally love being downtown at a unique venue such as the Galt House Hotel in our beloved city, Louisville, to really get that Christmas feeling you only get once a year. Go enjoy it!
Photo by Erin Nevitt