8. Taste Fine Wines and Bourbons only has around twenty different bourbons, but they are expertly chosen and each taste is only $5. Bonus points for their excellent wine selection. (See Louisville.com's review here.)
7. The Oak Room and Max’s Bar at the Seelbach Hilton put bourbon bars on the map. With over 40 bourbons to choose from, you can spend an entire week sampling bourbons and excellent food and never get bored.
6. St. Charles Exchange emphasizes mixed drinks, but they also boast a two page bourbon list featuring not one but five Van Winkle Bourbons, Weller 12 Year, George T. Stagg, and Angel’s Envy Cask. Availability is limited. (See Louisville.com's review here.)
5. Feast Bbq in New Albany focuses on the pairing of fine bourbons and excellent barbecue. Smoked fried chicken, bourbon slushies, and barbecue tofu are among the more intriguing menu offerings. (See Louisville.com's most recent review here.)
4. The Silver Dollar is a great place to relax on the patio on a warm summer night. Their bourbon list is so extensive it is broken up by distillery. Best fried okra in town + Eagle Rare 17 year = HEAVEN! (See Louisville.com's most recent review here.)
3. Down One Bourbon Bar classifies their extensive bourbon list by Pre-Prohibition, Post-Prohibition, and Modern bourbons. Private dining and a summer concert series make this a great Downtown option.
2. Haymarket Whiskey Bar has made its mark as a fabulous live music venue boasting 50 bourbons and 75 whiskeys along with over 50 craft beers. There’s live music four nights a week and there’s a food truck parked out front on occasion. This place is all about the bourbon-if you want a mixed drink, you’ll have to do it yourself. (See Louisville.com's review here.)
1. Match Cigar Bar and Bourbon House in Jeffersonville features table tops made from reclaimed wood from the Wild Turkey Distillery, making it a great place to relax with a cigar and a glass of bourbon. I can think of no better way to spend a Saturday night.
Photo Courtesy of Maggie Kimberl
Cover photo courtesy of Down One's facebook page
|Spring is just around the corner|
|Awards and More Awards for Louisville|
|Louisville’s Local Restaurants with a kids eat free (or for very little) night|
|Top 13 Favorite Local Instagram Profiles|
|Eight Cool (Free) Louisville Apps for iPhone and iPad|
|Keg Liquors Auctioning Pappy and Other Rare Bourbons|
|Quicklist: What You Should Be Doing This Weekend|