It's New Year's Resolution time, so naturally many of you are thinking about making healthier lifestyle choices. Here are ten great Louisville restaurants with plenty of healthy menu choices.
2. Meridian Cafe offers numerous vegetarian and vegan options as well as housemade soups and sandwiches.
3. Simply Thai has two locations now-Middletown and St. Matthews- that serve awesome Thai food and sushi.
6. Heart and Soy and Roots offer upscale dining and takeout vegetarian options, and Heart and Soy actually manufactures tofu on Kentucky's only tofu manufacturing equipment. (Click here for Louisville.com's review of Heart and Soy.)
7. Mayan Cafe's menu features lots of locally-sourced ingredients. Their Tok-sel lima beans are the most popular item on the menu. (Check out this awesome article from Louisville.com about dining blindfolded at Mayan Cafe.)
8. Shiraz Mediterannean Grill has four locations full of healthy grilled meats and veggies, hummus and pita, and awesome salads. This is one of my favorite healthy quick-serve options. (See Louisville.com's review here.)
9. Lemongrass Restaurant's menu is page after page of delicious Thai, Chinese, and Vietnamese dishes. Their food is so tasty I went there the other day to review it and I forgot to take any pictures of the food before I dug in. Maybe next time!
10. Dragon King's Daughter has two awesome locations that serve delicious rule-breaking fusion cuisine. Tofu tacos and eggplant katsu quesedillas sound delicious!
By no means is this an all-inclusive list of Louisville restaurants with healthy menu options. These just happen to be some of my personal favorites. If you have a favorite healthy spot, Tweet me @LouGirl502. I'd love to check it out!
Photos Courtesy of Shutterstock.com
|The Louisville Fantasy Restaurant Draft [Food & Dining]|
|Four Sisters, Heart & Soy and Roots Offering FREE Food Wednesday for Customer Appreciation Day|
|Mayan Café Shares Pumpkin Soup Recipe|
|Turning It up to Five at Simply Thai|
|The Louisville Vegetarian Scene Explored in GIFS|
|Bring on the greens- October marks Vegetarian Awareness Month [Food & Dining]|
|Dining out around town: Simply Thai [Food & Dining]|