While much of Second City's It Takes a Ville! show at Actors Theatre's (316 W. Main St.) is already written, some of the performance is apparently improv, based on suggestions from the audience.
Here then are some of Louisville's best news stories from the past two years you should consider asking the "world's premier comedy theatre and school of improvisation" to tackle:
- Buechel man tries to melt icicles with blowtorch, partially burns down home
- Aqua Buddha—both Rand Paul, sorry, that's Senator Rand Paul's original exaltation and not-Senator Jack Conway's hilarious ad that was as unsuccessful as it was embarrassing
- Rick Pitino's romp on Porcini's floor with Karen Sypher (a real-time re-enactment of this scene will leave Second City with plenty of time to take more requests)
- New Bethel Church's take-your-guns-to-church day
- Paris Hilton takes $75,000 of your tax dollars for 30 minutes of standing around at Fourth Street Live! on Derby Eve 2009
- Jockey fight at Breeders' Cup 2010 between Calvin Borel and Javier Castellano
- Louisville Orchestra goes broke a few months after the release of a film about it titled Music Makes a City
- Local 33-year-old man named Robert catches gay by going to Clarksville's Theatair X too many times
- Katie King re-elected judge
- The Lifehouse, a "Christ-centred home environment," pays noted hussy Bristol Palin $14,000 to appear at a fundraiser to benefit single moms because she's "a role model"
Have a suggestion for what Second City should include? Leave it in the comments.
It Takes a Ville! runs Jan. 7 through Feb. 6, with preview shows Jan. 4–6. Tickets start at $29 and can be purchased by calling the Actors Theatre box office at 502-584-1205 or online. Discount rates for groups of 10 or more are available by calling 502-585-1210. Call the box office or visit ATL's website for a detailed performance schedule. The show is part of the Brown-Forman Series, a season-long commitment by Brown-Forman that supports seven shows in Actors Theatre’s program.
- Louisville Orchestra
- Rick Pitino
- Karen Sypher
- Paris Hilton
- Fourth Street Live!
- Calvin Borel
- Jack Conway
- Rand Paul
- U.S. Senate
- Breeders' Cup
- Second City
- Aqua Buddha
- Bristol Palin
- The Lifehouse
- Javier Castellano
- Bingham Theatre
- Actors Theatre of Louisville
- Theatair X
- New Bethel Church