Looking for a way to celebrate Father’s Day with bourbon? Here are my top ten:
1. Take dad to brunch at Maker’s Mark in Loretto, Jim Beam’s Father’s Day Bourboncue, or Pappy For Your Pappy at Buffalo Trace. Most of the larger distilleries are having events, so check with your favorite one.
3. Get dad a new chair made from recycled bourbon barrels from Drunkwood. It will be a stylish and comfortable addition to his man cave.
6. Get dad some bourbon truffles from Art Eatables, because you can choose from some of dad’s favorite bourbons. Each one comes complete with en edible bourbon loge displaying the type of bourbon used in the truffles.
7. Take dad to The Evan Williams Experience for a tasting and tour. He’ll love the speakeasy atmosphere, and tours are free for dads Saturday from 10-7 and Sunday from 1-5:30. Specially labeled bottles will also be available for purchase in the gift shop. Then stroll down Museum Row to check out some of the local culture.
9. Sign dad up for a class at Moonshine University. He can spend all day learning about the bourbon-making process or he can spend two hours learning about the history of bourbon from Mike Veach. There are multiple classes being offered this summer, so check out their website for details.
10. Get a passport for the Urban Bourbon Trail and start collecting stamps. It might take all summer to complete this task, but it will be a summer well spent!
If you’re not into large extravagant gifts for greeting card holidays, just hook dad up with a good bottle of bourbon. Tweet me @LouGirl502 if you need suggestions!
Photos Courtesy of Bourbons Bistro's Website, Drunkwood's Facebook, Art Eatables' Website, and Moonshine University's Website
|Top Ten Gifts For Bourbon Enthusiasts|
|December Legends Series Will Feature Jimmy Russell|
|Filson Bourbon Salon and Bourbon Challenge Happening Soon|
|Whisky Chicks Hometown Sampler Nov. 12|
|Friday Bourbon News Roundup: Happy Birthday Evan Williams Bourbon Experience!|
|Graduating The Filson Bourbon Academy|
|Friday Bourbon News Roundup: A Few Upcoming Events|