If you haven't already received the telegram or the memo, the end of the world is 'supposedly' coming on May 21, 2011 - yep, that's this Saturday my friend.
According to, Harold Camping, 89-year-old Oakland-area minister and founder of the Family Radio network, he preaches that the Bible "guarantees" the world will come to an abrupt end via a series of massive earthquakes at 6 pm PST (9 pm EST) on Saturday - May 21, 2011. This is despite his flawed Doomsday prediction back in 1994, which he notes was a 'math error'.
Here's a brief video of the reported, end of the world.
Needless to say, if the end is near - here's a few things you'll need to check off the 'ole bucket list before May 21, 2011.
- Friday: round out your final days with the FINAL DAYS for Impressionist Landscapes: Monet to Sargent - This exquisite exhibition of over 70 luminous paintings.
- Friday: Brown-Forman Art After Dark: BLUR - 16 artist, 5 musicians, 1 shot list and 1 musical score.
- Friday: "Chasing Ophelia" @ The Bard's Town - Chasing Ophelia is a fast-paced comedy that both pays homage to--and pokes fun at--the poetic genius of William Shakespeare as it charts the course of newly-formed character Ned Mark.
- Friday: Churchill Downs Paddock Concert Series
- Friday/Saturday: Fleur De Licious - During the event, participating restaurants offer a prix-fixe menu highlighting specialties from their standard menu.
- Saturday: Martin Lawrence "Doin' Time Comedy Tour" at the KFC Yum! Center.
- Saturday: 27th Annual Bar-B-Q Pitt Festival - the aroma of smoking meats and burgoo will fill the air around Pitt Academy announcing the 27th Annual Bar-B-Q Pitt Festival.
- Saturday: Bardstown Bound Summer Sidewalk Celebration! Bardstown Road and Baxter Avenue OPEN their doors and sidewalks for yet another exciting hot evening of shopping, sampling, and saving on our City’s favorite strip, Bardstown Road.
- Saturday: 2011 Rythms of Life Drum Festival
Did I miss something great? Sound off in the comments and let us know what we missed or add it to our calendar.