They drag you to every house within a 20 mile radius.
It's amazing how your children never have the energy to make their bed or pitch the clothes to the hamper, but come October 31st and those feet sprout wings as your youngsters trek through yard after yard in search of Skittles.
And when they come home, dump, sort and trade, you realize that you're going to be staring at diet-busters and temptation for weeks--and they'll be chomping on Dum-Dums for the forseeable ...eternity.
Several area dentists are teaming up with Operation Gratitude, which will send Halloween candy collected from local offices to our troops overseas.
Most participating dentists will pay your child $1 per pound (up to a pre-set limit), and in exchange, she turns over her Hershey's for the pride of helping others, chances to win prizes, and a toothbrush.
Where can she turn some of that candy into cash?:
- Ford Family Dental, Mt. Washington. November 1, 2-7pm. Kids could win an Ipod Touch.
- Kirchner Dental, Jeffersonville. November 1, 9am-6pm. Free kids' meals to local restaurants as well as cash.
- Pediatric Dentistry of Oldham County. November 1, 2:30-6:30.
Other local dentists are participating in similar programs:
- Elk Creek Dental Care, Taylorsville. Treats for Troops. Friday, November 4, 3-7pm. Games and face painting.
- Mortenson's Dental, various locations. Sweet Swap. Anytime through November 7.
Image: Courtesy of Halloweencandybuyback.com