Social Media is still growing and maturing, as is the Ultimate Fighting Championship. On press row, many reporters were not only writing stories, but keeping the Web updated with the latest information from UFC Live at the KFC Yum! Center.
To showcase the emerging medium with the emerging sport, here are the Top 10 #UFCLive Tweets from last night, along with the "Octogonside" tweets from by @louisvillecom and your humble correspondent.
10) @: damn, son! Brian Bowles put him to sleep QUICK!
9) @: Pokrajac's Cro Cop style head kick was awesome! @
8) @: fat tweet: i missed that knockout because i was looking at my ice cream.
7) @VQ16: Diego Sanchez's face...omg I wanna throw up.
6) @: Apparently three deaf, dumb and blind dickheads were judging that fight. Bullshit decision.
5) @: That was the 1st UFC in 3D. I don't have a 3D TV. Can anyone tell me what @ 's face looks like in 3D?
4) @Dana White: Holy shit!!! We have a war in kentucky!!!!
3) @: Was ready 4 a war tho!RT @: OMG!! R u serious Munoz? Didnt have 2do that lol but nothing like a clean fast fight! @
2) @: Just watched a war in the octagon between Kampmann and Sanchez, Diego's face looks brutal!
1) @: Sanchez vs Kampmann was a classic wrapped in a controversy inside a bloodbath.
And now for our lackluster contribution...
- Watching some arse-whooping UFCLive action at the KFC Yum! Center
- tip: Using your face to block a kick is not effective defense.
- Great Crowd for in the Ville tonight... Check it out on Versus (Insight 549)! [Sports]
- For the record, @ picks Brian Bowles in this one. [Sports]
- Bowles puts Damacio Page to sleep. [Sports]
- Next up at : Alessio Sakara vs. Chris Weidman [Sports]
- Is @ was fighting at ? Nothing beats ...
- Alessio Sakara enters to Con Te Partiro.... Molto Bene! He's Italian... Go figure [Sports]
- Crowd chants, "USA! USA! USA." Nothing screams "Patriotism!" like an ass-whooping! [Sports]
- Chris Weidman wins by unanimous decision. in the Ville
- RT @: After the @ Fights come see us for the Official Cazadores Tequila Fight After-Party! No Cover!
- RT @: Munoz just sent Dollaway to the moon...
- Sakara and Weidman are trending. Come on, Louisville! Let's get trending! We got in the Ville!
- Last chance, who do you like, Louisville: Sanchez or Kampmann?
- If they keep playing the Black-Eyed Peas at , @ might be somebody...
- If they keep playing the Black-Eyed Peas at , @ might beat somebody...
- Time for the main event!
- Diego "The Dream" Sanchez wins by unanimous decision in the Main Event at from the Ville!
- at the Bucket (aka KFC Yum! Center) covering for @... Great night and the crowd is fired up!
- Who do you got? Sanchez? Or, Kampmann?
- You know is in town when blares louder than at his concert two weeks ago! Getting geared up for Roller vs. Tavares
- Fighting tip: Keep your guard up...
- Danny Castillo wins by unanimous decision.
- Tip: The drunk guy in the red shirt in the row behind me apparently knows more about fighting than anybody else in the WORLD.
- Time for Steve Cantwell vs. Cyrille Diabate....
- Thought: Would love to see a fighter using @ or @ for his entrance music...
- Thank God for ESPN GameCast! Keeping up with the @from at the Bucket!