How do you wake up in the morning? Chances are, it’s with 102.3 The Max FM’s morning crew of George Lindsey, Lynda Lambert and Aaron Miller. Grab a cup of coffee and a biscuit as we peek inside the minds of the Lambert & Lindsey Morning Show.
1. When listening to your show, it’s obvious that you all have a great chemistry. What would you attribute that to?
George Lindsey: Chemistry is one of those weird things....you can't manufacture it. It happened the first day we worked together and was instant. We truly love working together and when one part is off for the day - it is a different show!
2. How long have you all been teamed up together?
George Lindsey: 9 years this month!
3. Ok, since this IS Louisville, KY, let’s start with the most obvious and important question... what high school did you attend?
GL: Grayson County - Leitchfield, KY - GO COUAGRS!
LL: Oldham County High School - COLONELS ROCK!
AM: St X - Go Tigers!
4. First place you would take someone who had never been to Louisville before?
GL: Churchill Downs - Amazing history and magical (also my best friend in the world John Asher works there..so we'd get a good tour)
LL: Fourth Street Live - It's such a happening place on the weekends and makes downtown seem so alive
AM: The Belvedere.
5. Favorite restaurant in Louisville:
GL: Fine - Limestone, Casual - Texas Roadhouse/Safire - 4th Street
LL: Seviche, Jeff Ruby's
AM: 610 Magnolia
6. Describe Louisville in one word:
7. You're hanging out in Portland, OR and you run into someone who says “Louisville is only known for horses and baseball bats?” You reply with:
GL:"and Portland is know for..........what, roses...wow!"
LL: " And your point is?" Just leave out the 'only' and add 'good bourbon'!!
AM: You forgot chicken, bourbon, Muhammed Ali, and Cardinal Basketball!
8. Rick Pitino or Tubby Smith:
GL: RICKY P BABY!!!
LL: Tubby - GO CATS!!
9. Something about each of you that people wouldn?t know?
GL: I am deathly afraid of Squirrels...I know, I know, but they CREEP me out!
LL: I really do like George and Aaron.
AM: I have a strange pet peeve - and it's that I hate Salty Dog t-shirts. It's this little restaurant in Hilton Head, and everyone in Louisville has one of these shirts. The problem is that the Salty Dog isn't really a good restaurant! So why would you buy a t-shirt from a lousy restaurant?
Basically it's to brag that they're cool enough to vacation in Hilton Head. Drives me nuts.
10. Horses or basketball?
11. In your opinion, what is the one thing Louisville is missing i.e.: a certain restaurant or retail store, pro team etc?
GL: Confidence! Okay, Okay a thing, More Bike/running lanes on major streets
LL: The ability to keep bright, talented Louisvillians from graduating and leaving our city - and a Nordstrom :)
AM: Good mass transit - or at least a long term plan. And Trader Joe's.
12. Why do you think Louisville, KY is a great city for your show? (Fan support, commute time, etc?)
GL: For some strange reason people seem to "GET" us - we seem like people you know, but don't admit to it!
LL: I agree with George (scary...). For the most part, we are just like our listeners. Real people who love Louisville, call Louisville home, and who work and raise our families here.
AM: Because it's where I live. And this is a big small town.