A few weeks ago, I told you about the latest Breeders’ Cup app for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. When the free app was released last month it offered all the information you need to know about the history of the Breeders’ Cup, videos of past Breeders’ Cup races, current Breeders’ Cup related news, a schedule of upcoming Breeders’ Cup Win & You’re In races and winners of completed races, profiles of Classic contenders, ticketing information, track information, and even wagering information.
An update to the app released this week now allows you to watch all 15 championship races live on your iPhone or iPad. Although the Breeders’ Cup will be held November 4 and 5 at Churchill Downs, not all of us have the pleasure of being there in person. Take a break from whatever is keeping you from the racetrack or simulcast venue and watch the races right in the palm of your hand.
The update also provides access to the official race day program two days before the races, on November 2. And did I mention it was free? Fans attending the Breeders’ Cup via general admission don’t even get a free program.
Additional features and enhancements on the 2011 app include:
• A new Classic section that will provide you all the information you need to know about the event’s richest race, the $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic;
• Get the top stories and all the latest news leading up to and during the 2011 Breeders’ Cup World Championships;
• Access important information, powered by Equibase, about each of the 15 Championship races, including biographical information and current race records for all contenders in each division;
• Utilize the wagering information section to find the closest simulcast site based on your current location, determine the costs of your bets with a handy wagering calculator or review the Betting 101 guide;
• Get important information regarding Churchill Downs, including seat/facility maps, post times and local weather;
• Check out the TV schedule and official race day program (includes full race past performances);
• Watch every Breeders’ Cup World Championship race ever run (1984-2010);
• Follow the Breeders’ Cup Twitter page right from the app; and
• Play the Breeders’ Cup trivia game and post your scores to Facebook, Twitter or on the Worldwide Leader Board.
This is a new app for 2011, so if you downloaded the app last year, you’ll want to download the 2011 version to ensure you’re getting all the latest information and features the app has to offer. If you’ve already downloaded the 2011 version, you’ll need to update it to receive these latest features.
Photo: Jessie Oswald
|Breeders’ Cup releases app for iPhone and iPad [Technology]|
|Churchill Downs launches a fancy new website and app [Technology]|
|Win tickets to Breeders' Cup 2011 at Churchill Downs here [Sports]|
|Drosselmeyer takes the Breeders' Cup Classic [Breeders' Cup]|
|The Breeders' Cup announces special events for 2011 Breeders' Cup World Championship [Sports]|
|Kentucky Derby Museum to host Breeders' Cup "Zenyatta Celebration" on Nov. 4 [Sports]|
|Hansen hangs on to win the Breeders' Cup Juvenile [Breeders' Cup]|