Easily becoming one of Louisville's most renown local acts, The Winston Hours take the stage this coming Thursday at Gerstle's Place ready to prove why their live performances are of some of the most energetic in town. With a sound equivalent to that of Young the Giant meeting The Killers, the four piece consists of Taylor Nicholson on lead vocals and rhythm guitar, Jim Bob Brown on keys and vocals, Russ Alan on bass and synthesizer, and the always rockin' Nick Beach on drums. From bass solos to Nicholson's unprecedented stage presence to flawless drum beats, each member brings noticeable talent to the band's equation. The guys have been performing together for little over a year now and are currently working on a self published EP at Jet Lag Records. The Winston Hours have future show listings on Facebook as well as Reverbnation.com and their music can be requested on Louisville's local radio station, Crescent Hill Radio. Music begins on Thursday at 9 p.m. with local act, Gideon's Rifle, and will be followed by performances from The Winston Hours and Field of Kings. Come by for two for one Vodka Bombs and to see some of Louisville's finest at work.
I am currently a senior at Indiana University Southeast in pursuit of an English Writing degree. I play guitar and write in the band, Field of Kings, as well as record and perform in many various side projects. Writing and performing has always been my two greatest passions.More from author:
May 31st, 2012
April 12th, 2012
February 2nd, 2015
August 31st, 2011
November 16th, 2011
November 25th, 2011
October 31st, 2012
April 26th, 2013
July 5th, 2013
July 29th, 2014
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Closing Time for 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- The Ohio River Retains Its Top Spot as Most Polluted River in the Nation
- Louisville Snowstorm Deals Huge Blow to ‘An Act of Dog’
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- Chef Maria's Bistro to Open in Old Louisville
- Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana’s 9th Desserts First: A Cookie Love Sonnet to Louisville
- Indoor fun with kids in Louisville
- Louisville Bats Sale Completed