The Kentucky State Fair is winding down, and the final concert in my agenda book for Louisville.com is Young the Giant. Hailing from Irvine, California, this west coast sensation is certainly very popular in the indie rock scene. Their first two singles “My Body” and “Cough Syrup” have reached the top of alternative charts. Formerly The Jakes, Young the Giant has been making music for about 8 years. They have played with well-known bands Incubus and Neon Trees. We Barbarians will open up the show; you may know We Barbarians from their indie rock ballad “Headspace.” The concert will take place on Friday, August 24th in Cardinal Stadium at the Kentucky Exposition Center. Gates will open at 6:30pm, and the show will start at 8pm. This concert is free with paid admission to the Kentucky State Fair. For more information, including tickets and directions to the Kentucky State Fair, visit www.kystatefair.org.
Hi! My name is Jenna. I am a music teacher at a primary school. I love teaching because you get to feel like a rockstar without all the fuss of being famous. My hobbies include cosplay, reading, music, traveling, and collecting vintage clothes and records.More from author:
August 16th, 2012
August 20th, 2012
August 15th, 2012
March 9th, 2009
September 19th, 2014
March 2nd, 2015
March 2nd, 2015
February 26th, 2015
February 24th, 2015
February 17th, 2015
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Closing Time for 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (February 27 - March 1)
- The Ohio River Retains Its Top Spot as Most Polluted River in the Nation
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- Get Your Game On: 5 Reasons to Attend the Louisville Arcade Expo
- "Roman Citizen" Premiere in Louisville Draws Crowd Despite Oscars
- 2015 Bourbon Classic A Smashing Success
- Local Cafe Seeking Your Help Through Kickstarter