(Weekly)"We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence"-Mother Teresa
MEDITATION FOR BEGINNERS
This class is for those interested in learning or becoming re-familiar with the practice of meditation. It includes: basic instructions in a method of Christian insight meditation; the psychological and scriptural underpinnings of the practice; a map of the inner world; and guidance for applying these teachings in daily life. Meditation is taught as a way of self discovery and accessing the Kingdom of Heaven within.
Current Offering for Beginners– Encountering the Inner Christ
* Saturday, February 6, 2010 – 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Orientation to Meditation (prerequisite for Wednesday classes)
* Ten Wednesday classes: beginning February 10, 17, 24, Mar. 3, 10, 17, 31, Apr. 7, 14, 21 from 10:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m. OR 7:00–8:30 p.m.
* The same class will be presented mornings and evenings.
Participants can arrange to attend either session.
* Text: The Kingdom Within by John Sanford
* For more information: contact Beth Zangari at the Earth & Spirit Center weekdays between 9:00-3:00 OR email email@example.com.
* Suggested donation: $140. No one will be refused for lack of funds.