Louisville will be joining the cities of New York, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, and over 100 other communities this weekend by participating in the National Day of Civic Hacking.
This is a unique opportunity for civically-engaged individuals, government agencies, businesses, and nonprofits to come together and build new solutions to problems in our community using open data and technology.
Participants will be gathering at Nucleus’ iHub and use their diverse expertise and entrepreneurial spirit to make an impact on Louisville and work to bring their idea to life during the event.
Participants might choose to....
* Develop an app to help match shelter animals with adoptive families
* Create a web site to vote for Louisville's worst pot hole.
* Build a service to send text alerts when the TARC bus is going to be late at your stop.
For more information on the Louisville event or how you can participate,
visit: http://www.hackforchange.org/hack-change-louisville or follow the hashtag #hackville
- Louisville Civic Hackathon
- iHub, 204 South Floyd StreetLouisville, KY -
- Saturday 1st, June 2013
- 9:00 AM — 5:00 PM