The Muhammad Ali Center Athletes and Social Change Forum is set to advance education, advocacy and research on the role and contribution of athletes toward and within social change, human rights and development. What does it mean for athletes to engage in social change, philanthropy and work within the community? The Forum aims to examine and provide diverse perspectives in the intersection of athletes and social change.
This Forum will focus on the following considerations:
1. The roles and responsibilities athletes have beyond the playing field.
2. The ways athletes can serve as educators and advocates to address social problems within and outside of sports.
3. How the global sporting community encourages or discourages athletes working in the realm of social change.
4. The roles educational institutions play in providing grounding for athletes to make the connections between athletics, academics and the community.
Abstracts are invited for contribution for the Muhammad Ali Center Athletes and Social Change Forum. Abstracts can be research or practitioner, should be no longer than 250 words, and are due February 8th, 2013 and should be sent to the attention of Eli Wolff, [email protected]. The registration fee for the conference is $50.
- Muhammad Ali Center
- 144 N. Sixth Street Louisville, KY 40202
- Friday 29th, March 2013
- 12:00 AM