If you are wanting to get outside and bask in the glow of the autumn colors, but don't have the right gear to camp or hike, now is the time to get it all at a great price. This weekend is Quest Outdoor's semi-annual warehouse sale.
The Big Fall Warehouse Sale will take place next weekend, Friday, October 8 - Saturday, October 9 at Shelbyville Road Plaza. The hours are Friday from 8:00am - 8:00pm and Saturday from 9:00am - 5:00pm. Their storefront will be located between Jo-Ann Fabrics and Off Broadway Shoes. For more details, visit www.questoutdoors.com .
As a frequent Quest customer and past visitor to this event, here are a few helpful hints:
- If you can, go early on Friday. The best selection of merchandise will be available for the early birds (as they say, they always get the worm).
- Get ready to scour the racks. Everything is sorted well at first, but as in most warehouse sales, as people come in and out, items tend to get less organized as the day goes by. Be sure to check around the area of your size, just to be sure what you are looking for hasn't been misplaced.
- Sometimes being a strange size can work to your benefit - sometimes there is extra merchandise in your size because no one else needed that size. The same goes for very common sizes, as sometimes stores tend to over order on those sizes.
- Be creative! If you are an xs (can you tell I am a small person), maybe try out the kids' sizes. You can get an even better deal on childrens' clothes, and this goes back to the previous rule - they may have plenty of Youth XL leftover.
- Don't go to Warehouse sales looking for anything specific. If you have a general idea of what you need (i.e. down coat), you may find it, but chances are you aren't going to find that North Face Black Down Coat in your size. The good news is that if they have it in a color you aren't exactly crazy about - who cares! The trees don't care what you look like.
- Finally, be prepared for crowds. This means waiting in check-out lines for a few minutes and being surrounded by a few people while you are looking at the merchandise. If you don't like that type of shopping environment, this sale (and probably most warehouse sales) isn't for you.
If you are ready, the Quest sale can be a great place to find some great buys on outdoor gear, which has a tendency to be a bit pricey. Definitely check it out for a bargain or two.
Image courtesy of National Geographic Adventure