Did you know that Old Louisville has the largest collection of Victorian-era architecture in the USA? Old Louisville also comprises the third-largest Historic District in the USA, and many structures are on the National Register of Historic Places. Did you know that there as also an app for that?
The iPhone App titled “Historic Old Louisville Kentucky  ” is a software application authored by John Paul of Old Louisville and published by Sutro Media , that may be purchased and downloaded from the iTunes Store  ($1.99) and used on any Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with an internet connection. The Old Louisville App features 560 photographs and 335 architectural entries that include tags that are used to filter categories to view homes, walking tours, restaurants, B&Bs, annual events, etc. that can also be sorted by street numbers, or street names. Each entry has an original photograph, an interactive Google map, and a description that includes:
- Street Address
- Name of property (if applicable)
- Year built
- Architectural style
- Original owner and profession (when available)
- Architect (when available)
- Brief description of architectural details
- Four suggested walking/driving tours with descriptions, navigational directions, and maps.
- 560 original photos depicting the architectural beauty of the area that can also be played in a slideshow.
- Descriptions of Victorian architectural styles, showing over thirty different examples.
- Annual Old Louisville events with dates and locations.
- Other historic places in the immediate area.
- Information useful to both residents and visitors of Historic Old Louisville.