Everyone has their own idea of what is romantic. In honor of Valentine's Day, here are my top 10 places in Louisville to pop the question:
1. Under the Gazebo overlooking "Dog Hill" in Cherokee Park. For an added bonus there should be a dog involved! The ring tied to the puppies collar? How could she say no?!
2. RIVUE  Restaurant at the Galt House Hotel - best and only rotating view in the city!
3. 21C Museum Hotel  - Who wouldn't want to be engaged at the #1 Hotel in the Nation?! However, you must incorporate a red penguin and/or the falling-words wall…preferably both!
4. In the back of a carriage such as Louisville Horse Trams …very Cinderella!
5. Kentucky Derby, Churchill Downs  - The most exciting two minutes in sports just got a power boost!
6. The Brown Hotel's Lobby  - If that isn't the most Louisville-infused luxury spot, I don't know what is.
7. At the end of the "Mini" (marathon ) - come on, you know that doing the "mini" is consider athletically cool in Louisville…say "I'm so glad we made it together and didn't die" with a proposal after the finish line!
8. At Four Roses distillery in Lawrenceburg, KY or Cox's Creek, KY (only 20 miles south of Louisville) - As legend has it, Four Roses is named by the founder Paul Jones Jr. who fell in love with a Southern Belle. It was said that he sent a proposal to her, and she replied that if her answer were "Yes" she would wear a rose on her gown to the upcoming ball. Apparently, she was quite certain because instead of one rose she wore four roses in a corsage.
10. Cave Hill Cemetery  - Nothing says "I'll love you for eternity" like dead people and pretty graves!