For the third straight year, the Louisville Visual Arts Association  hosts the Buy Local 1st Fair on the banks of the Ohio at the Historic Water Tower on May 22nd. Business has grown in Louisville in the last year and so has the size of the fair. Even more businesses, musicians, organizations and representatives will be on-location for 2011’s big event.
- Iron Chef competition featuring chefs from Harvest Restaurant and Mayan Café
- Exhibition of Children’s Fine Art Classes artwork
- Live musical entertainment from various artists
- Farmers and Visual Art markets
- Craft Beer Tent with local brews
- Kids Activity Area presented by PNC Bank and Fresh Start Growers Supply
- Art Installation by Todd Smith
Anyone who has lived in Louisville knows how much variety its inhabitants bring to the table. The Buy Local 1st Fair is an event organized to bring together all of those unique offerings whether it be art, agriculture, music, businesses, or just the consumers themselves.
Just like the city of Louisville, there is something for everyone down at the Water Tower this Sunday. With free admission and inexpensive parking what’s not to love? Head to River Road downtown on Sunday for a little bit of everything Louisville.
Photo courtesy of http://www.louisvillevisualart.org/