As a mother of four, who stays at home to raise them, I know what it’s like to want to connect with other people like me. Over the last few years I’ve done some asking around, internet searches, and checking into clubs and playgroups in our area. If you’re in the market for playgroups, organized outings, entertainment, fellowship, etc. you may find something below. Special thanks to some of the club representatives for the great information! Check this out:
• www.louisvillemommies.com  - As part of The Mommies Network, LouisvilleMommies.com is a free community for moms in Louisville and surrounding areas in Kentuckiana. We realize that all moms need local support -- and who can't use another friend? LouisvilleMommies.com offers a simple way to connect with local moms for friendship, support and fun. Members meet on our private discussion forums to share information on everything from where to get the best haircut to tips on transitioning to a "big kid" bed. Each month, we also offer more than 30 events for our members, their children and their families. Register today to access the discussion forums, events calendar and more! It's free and we'll keep your info secure and private. Our members come from all over including, Middletown, J-town, Oldham Country, The Highlands, Mt. Washington, PRP, Southern Indiana, Crestwood, Ft. Knox, LaGrange, Okolona, and many more! We are a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping parents find support and friendship in their local community.
• Louisville Mothers of Twins Club - The Louisville Mothers of Twins Club (LMOTC) is a non profit organization made up of mothers of multiples. There are montly meetings, family play dates, moms night outs, and so much more. The Fall Consignment Sale is coming up quick. It will be August 20th from 8am to noon at the Immanuel United Church of Christ on Taylorsville Rd. Admission is $1. If you are a mother to multiples, please contact the club for more information on how to join at http://www.louisvilletwinsclub.com/ 
• MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) – MOPS groups are local communities that help moms be better moms by understanding their unique needs, challenges and joys — in this vital season of early mothering. For over 35 years, MOPS has been creating authentic communities where moms gather to experience encouragement, support and hope. But, it doesn’t stop there! Through training and development customized to women in this stage of life, and through do-able service opportunities, MOPS grows moms to make a better world. MOPS, is a non-profit organization that exists to meet the needs of mothers with children up to 5 years of age. Grace MOPS meets on the 2nd Friday of the month from 9:15 am - 11:30 am at Grace Lutheran Church on 1787 Klerner Lane in New Albany, Indiana. Stay at home moms, single moms, working moms and moms of all ages, backgrounds and beliefs come together to instruct, mentor and support one another in a fun, stress free environment. Child care is provided through the MOPPETS program during our scheduled meetings. Registration for the fall semester will be held Friday August 12th from 9:30 am - 11:30 am at Grace Lutheran Church. New members can also register at any regular meeting or send in their forms which can be found on www.graceMOPSnewalbany.blogspot.com . Visit us on the web at: www.graceMOPSnewalbany.blogspot.com , or e-mail:graceMOPSnewalbany@gmail.com for more information.
• Teeter Toddlers - This is a non-denominational playgroup that meets twice each week. Meetings are on Tuesday and Friday mornings from 10:00am-11:30am. Parents and children get together once each week at St. John's Presbyterian Church, New Albany, IN and take a field trip the opposite day. For more information you may email the Membership Coordinator at TTP_Membership@yahoo.com  The website is www.teetertoddlers.org 
• Club Mom – Greentree Mall (Clarksville, IN) hosts “Club Mom” monthly. There is a one time $5.00 registration fee that benefits The Ronald McDonald House. Club Mom is the first Tuesday of each month, entertainment is provided along with lunch coupons for mall eateries. The next meeting is Tuesday, August 2nd. Registration/check-in is at 10:30 and the show starts at 11:00. This month is The Balloon Man of Kentucky. More information can be found at www.greentreemall.com 
So there you have it. I’ve enjoyed the events/clubs/groups that I have been part of over the last few years. My kids and I have made friends and gone places that we maybe would not have visited alone. Some of the clubs have membership fees, but they are nominal. Call or email, get more information and get connected.