- "The Indiana State Fair is moving next year’s headline concerts to a downtown Indianapolis arena after the outdoor stage collapse in August that killed seven people and injured dozens more. Fair officials announced Thursday that big-name concerts during the 2012 fair will take place several miles away at Conseco Fieldhouse, but that smaller concerts will still be held on the fairgrounds." [Courier-Journal ]
- "Senator Tim Shaughnessy announced today that he will not stand for re-election to the Kentucky State Senate in 2012. Shaughnessy, a democrat from Louisville, was first elected to the Senate in 1988." [WHAS11 ]
- "It has been narrowed down to two locations for the new Veterans Hospital in Louisville. The downtown location and land next to the current V-A Hospital on Zorn Avenue have both been ruled out as options.
This leaves two options: a brand new hospital built at Brownsboro Road and the Watterson Expressway or one built off Factory Lane near the Ford plant in eastern Jefferson County."[WHAS11 ]
- "There's a new push Thursday to have a Jefferson County constable who shot a woman removed from office. The Metro Council is working on a resolution calling on state lawmakers to begin impeachment proceedings against Constable David Whitlock." [WLKY ]
- "Kentucky’s thoroughbred breeding industry contributed $1.58 billion to the state’s economy last year, a Legislative Research Commission study found." [Courier-Journal ]
- "You won't find the Occupy Louisville protesters at Jefferson Square any longer. They're still protesting. They've just moved a block away to Founder's Square at Fifth and Muhammad Ali downtown." [WHAS11 ]
Photo: Courtesy Occupy Louisville